HKS Oil Cooler Kit - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+
The K20C engine generates 320ps with 2.0 displacement; therefore, the vehicle is equipped with a watercooled oil cooler to stabilize the extreme high engine output. However, under circuit driving, the temperature of both oil and water rise sharply because adequate heat radiation cannot be obtained, and fail safe mode becomes activated. Adding HKS air cooling type oil cooler kit provides high heat exchange efficiency to suppress the temperature rise not only of the oil but also the water. HKS oil cooler kit includes a special aluminum air guide.
- Newly developed 48mm wide 9-layper oil cooler core and special air duct to extract the maximum performance are utilized and mounted to the inside of the inner fender.
- The oil pump’s pulsation noise generated by increase of engine rotation sometimes transmits to the vehicle interior through the high pressure-resistant stainless mesh hose. HKS oil cooler kit has the insulator to substantially reduce this pulsation noise.
- The attachment has a thermostat to restrain excessive cooling of the part.
- Vehicle modification required to install this kit is minimized. (Modification of back of the bumper, inner fender, and brake duct are only required.)
- Compatible with stock fog lights
- Core is 48mm wide and 9-layer
- PT1/8 sensor installation hole in the filter mount.
- Modification is required to the inner fender, brake duct, and front bumper.
- When installing the oil cooler, the vibration of the engine oil pump is transmitted to the room, and the noise is appeared. However, as a countermeasure to this noise, the bracket that supports the oil cooler is made into a floating type.
- Oil Cooler Core
- Air Guide
- Oil Filter Mount
- Stainless Mesh Hose
- Oil Filter
- Other short parts